This Page

has been moved to new address

Evolution Of Blogs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Evolution Of Blogs

Monday, November 9, 2009

Evolution Of Blogs

In my opinion blogs have always been something which I've seen as important and beneficial to the double glazing industry. And something which polarised this opinion was when RCG removed his post about the Amdega conservatory removal. I've always seen blogs as a useful tool to spread your opinion, release new information and gossip etc. But I also see blogs as a great tool to root out some of the deadwood in this industry. In my opinion RCG was wrong to remove the Amdega post. He wasn't biased in any way, he remained neutral, and put the post up in such as way as to gauge opinion, not to make his own assumptions. Blogs are supposed to be free thinking forums where people can voice their opinions, question other's points of view, defend themselves etc.

He said he removed the post due to negative feedback. The nature of the post was negative, so there was always going to be bad blood posted on there. It was a good honest post. We got to see people's honest opinions and thoughts (plus a bit of my over-eagerness!), something which we don't often get to see in this day and age. I don't know if it is possible for RCG to put the post and comments back on, but if he can he should.

Blogs could, and should evolve into places where people can do good for the industry as a whole and become a whistle-blower-esque way of routing out the bad installations and companies in our industry. FENSA won't solve the problem of cowboys, nor will any other industry body, we have to do it ourselves! 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

Hi DGB

OK, you've touched a nerve here, so well done for that.

The main reason I pulled the post was that the guy who uploaded the video to Youtube, who I assumed is the guy who was disappointed with the installation, removed it from YouTube. My post about the video became irrelevant without the video being visible. This was the main reason I pulled it.

However, I was uncomfortable about the type of comments being placed on the website. You only saw the ones I chose to approve. In a short period of time, I was being inundated with complaints about the company and it's not in my remit to compete with other 'complaints' websites.

I agree that blogs should evolve into places where people can do good for the industry, and allowing a minority of disgruntled customers shout about how unhappy they are is not good for the industry. If you're happy to encourage this type of content then I'll give you the nod next time.

You're doing a great job with this blog, and you should be commended for the enthusiasm you put into it. It's great to know that Wakefield is the centre for double glazing blogs in the world!

RCG

November 9, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Just wanted to get behind why it was pulled.

I'd rather Wakefield be the centre of something more infuential, but we will have to make do with blogs for now!

Don't let me get on your nerves, I know I will at times ;)

November 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home