This Page

has been moved to new address

Changes Coming To This Blog Soon

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Changes Coming To This Blog Soon

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Changes Coming To This Blog Soon

For a while now people have been telling me to invest in the blog and move it away from the blogspot format. Well I am now doing so and have asked http://www.degrafik.co.uk/ to re-create this blog with it's own domain name and space. This will hopefully draw more visitors to the site, make commenting a lot easier and provide a clearer platform for debate and discussion.

As of now no date has been set for this to happen, but from a personal point of view I want it to be up and running as soon as possible.

The layout is going to be roughly the same to keep it looking familiar to those who already view the site regularly. Changing the look may do more harm than good. Yesterday was by far the best day for visitor numbers to the website, no doubt due to the reporting of the MBO of Synseal, but hopefully some of those new visitors will return to view the site regularly. Google is becoming the main source of traffic to the blog, and I know that while it remains in the blogspot format there will be limits to how far it can grow and expand.

I started the blog in March 2008 and it has done better than I thought it ever would, but I want it to expand further, perhaps even challenge the RCG site! I don't see why it can't. I've set up a decent enough format, I now need to just step it up a gear or two.

As soon as I know when this will be happening it'll be posted on here!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

Plenty of room in the market for the both of us DGB. Look forward to seeing the changes implemented which are well overdue.

February 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Competition is always good! I'm hoping to have the changes done by the end of March. Anything you would like to see on the updated version?

February 25, 2010 at 6:14 PM  
Anonymous RCG said...

Well, the best thing you could do is use Wordpress when you rebuild. This way the site will automatically work on search engines, and will prompt you to add tags and categories.

Also, a big picture of you with a beaming grin in the header would work quite well.

February 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Dunno, I've got a bit more hair than you, might get a bit jealous ;)

Don't know if I'm keen on Wordpress, my cousin is a pretty good graphics and web designer, I'm going to see what he can come up with, think it's going to be pretty flashy.

February 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Dave said...

Beware of Flashy. Look at the world's most popular websites: Amazon, Google, EBay. They don't do flashy, they do what works!

Funnily enough as soon as I converted RoofWright.com from a flashy website to its current less pretty format, feedback was massively better.

So concentrate on great content, don't worry about the form to much!

Dave

February 27, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Dave: think flashy was an over-thought, I do want it looking modern though, I'm still mulling over different layouts in my head.

March 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home