This Page

has been moved to new address

Bargaining Is In The Air

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Bargaining Is In The Air

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bargaining Is In The Air

I've never had to bargain with customers so much than I did today, what the hell was in the air!?

I started the morning bartering with a customer who wanted over £100 off the price of a single window, obviously that was too much, so rightly went on to turn down his counter offers. Then this evening I was bargaining with a customer who wanted an old door for nothing, after signing a contract for a new front door, but then threatening to cancel the cheque if he couldn't get a dis-used door for nothing. We managed to get him to pay something for the old showroom door, but it was like pulling teeth!

It does go to show however that if you stand firm, you don't have to get haggled down on price by the customer!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

You picked the perfect week for sales tips:0P

July 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Lol, I'm right though. I think that so many sales people have been spooked by the recession that when a customer cheekily asks for money off they do it immediately for fear of losing the job. But what people need to remember is that if customers are willing to bargain with you, deep down they have already picked you to do the job, they are just testing the water to see if they can get anything off.

July 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

I dreading going out selling to be honest, our customers never know I exist (unless they compliment the site, then the guys say thats down to me) I kind of like not getting involved with all that stuff, it keeps me focused on my job getting in the enquires. I am a marketing hermit.

July 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

It depends on the type of person you are. I thrive on pressure and the unknown. I like the idea of trying to get orders, it gets me out into the general public where I like to be.

July 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home