This Page

has been moved to new address

How Can I Improve This Site?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: How Can I Improve This Site?

Friday, October 22, 2010

How Can I Improve This Site?

I'm always looking at ways I can improve the site. Whether it be the looks of the web page, features that I put on like the search box and the Page Views counter, or the simplicity of the navigation. But up to press I've only ever gone on what I think. So if any of you have any ideas on what I could be doing differently on the site I'd like you to tell me so that I can keep on improving it.


Thanks!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

Use AWeber (or similar system) so people can subscribe to your posts - then people will be reminded you're there every time you post something.

October 22, 2010 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

You know I knew you were going to say that! I looked into it and didn't want to pay for a service that if I put a little elbow grease into it, I'd increase traffic to my site, without paying AWeber to do it for me. Unless I've been looking at it wrong!

October 22, 2010 at 10:06 PM  
Anonymous RCG said...

OK, but it is the main reason why my site gets a few regular visitors. But, it's up to you.

October 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Alex said...

Get rid of the black background - its harder to read than black type on a white (or light) background - so people stay longer.

October 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Thanks Alex, I'll have a look into it as see what looks good!

October 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

RCG - I've looked at my returning v new visitor numbers and two thirds of all visitors always return back to my site, which I don't think is bad to say I don't have an AWeber account set up. I know Twitter helps me a lot too.

October 24, 2010 at 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hve you devolped external condensation on your new page DGB

October 24, 2010 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Yeah it's a pain! New Blogger regulations state that each persons blog must emit a B-Value of 50% brightness or better. But unlike windows getting it in the winter, I get it all the time!

I do genuinely like this look better, think it's a bit more mature than the previous two black themes.

October 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home