This Page

has been moved to new address

Be Eco-Positive

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Be Eco-Positive

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Be Eco-Positive

Being eco-friendly is something which I've tried to improve on in the last few months. During that time were now recycling all waste paper, card and cardboard. All PVCu and timber post consumer waste is taken away instead of being put in our skip. We're turning off all unused lights in our stores, conservatories and showroom to save on wasting electric. 


We've now got solar panels installed at home. We recycle all our plastic bottles and card too. I think we've got a stack of energy saving light bulbs too. Despite all this, there is still a lot I do to pollute the environment. I still drive a petrol car. I buy food with lots of packaging. The  majority of the food I buy probably isn't sourced locally, meaning it's probably been transported halfway round the world. The food thing I can probably sort myself by making sure it's grown or killed locally, so that it doesn't have to do a lot of travelling to get to my table. But driving a petrol car I can't do anything about until they establish a viable alternative transport fuel. The experts needs to pick between electric or hydrogen and run with it.


Now here's the crux of the post. Most people now realise that they have to clean up their act if the world is to carry on sustaining the human race. But how vocal should people be to each other about the issue? I know fellow blogger RCG is very vocal about the environmental issue, just take a look at his last post. 


But personally I don't want to be subjected to content which is telling me the world is doomed and there is nothing we can do about it. This isn't the right way to go about making a difference. This is the reason why I don't like to comment much on the climate change argument. I believe that the time for that debate has passed, and the time for action is now. The human race can still do something about our reliance on oil. And we are actively doing so now by investing lots of time and research into alternative fuels and power sources.


We need to stop the negative views of the naysayers. This won't help get a positive and proactive message out to the people.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

Thanks for the link DGB.

Sorry I've upset you though. To be clear, the world is not doomed. The world will always be here. It is humanity and other species who are threatened by the current unsustainable way we live. It's not fantasy. It's just the way it is.

We'll probably be alright for most of our lives. Who knows. It's future generations who will suffer from our actions.

Choosing energy saving light bulbs will probably make little difference on an individual basis.

RCG

November 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

RCG - You've not upset me! Well not yet anyway lol. I just think that there are too many 'doomed' videos knocking about.

There's not much else I can say other than this. The only other thing I can add is that if I were a reformed character and looking to get into the whole 'eco' business, the last thing I'd want to watch on YouTube or blogs is a load of negative stuff.

It's just an observation I'm making really. Not banging the world to rights!

November 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home