This Page

has been moved to new address

Month In Review: June 2011

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Month In Review: June 2011

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Month In Review: June 2011

To save my precious typing fingers, I'll just say that June was pretty much exactly the same as May. If you want to know how May went, click here to have a read of that post.


However on a national scale the story the picture tells is one worth writing.


It really is a tale of two haves right now. It seems that you're either doing very well at the moment or doing quite bad. If you speak to anyone in the industry right now they could tell you of two businesses they know, one doing well, one on it's arse.


I think what this proves is that there are businesses that are willing to work hard and go find the business, and ones that are just hoping the business will come and find them. 


I'll end on a question: is it worth me doing these posts? The reason I ask is that they're not as substantial as my other posts. I don't really like to talk about the company I work for in too much detail because quite honestly I don't want to give anything away to my competitors, so that restricts very much what I can write. I rely on portraying the national picture which makes up most of my post. So if people think I should pack these types of posts in then I will.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nick said...

Good Morning. Whilst the market is tight and there remain some crazy prices in the marketplace I do agree that you have to put in a lot of effort to find the work. Its slightly different for retail, but with commercial work for example you have to do a lot of legwork in the early days assisting with spec's etc - in short, "building relationships" Affluent areas ARE still spending and if you are fortunate to operate in such areas, the companies i know that do are still relatively busy.

With regard to your question, yes it is useful! Why dont you ask an independent site to do a feature on your company? Many would I'm sure.
Regards
Nick

July 4, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home