This Page

has been moved to new address

My Next Big Post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: My Next Big Post

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Next Big Post

I've spent three and a half years as a salesman in this industry, starting at the very tender age of 17. Now at 21, my next big blog post is going to be about my time spent in this industry so far. People who I've met, be it customers or competitors. I'll try and tell some half interesting stories! The post will represent my reflection on the industry, the highs I've had, and the lows too, it's going to be a personal affair.

At the same time, I may start to drip in details of who I actually I am. I've remained anonymous thus far, but I am undecided as to whether I reveal myself fully, partly or not at all. Giving myself away will give me an identity and image, remaining anonymous means I can remain impartial and unbiased. I would appreciate some feedback; it will probably make my mind up. There's only one person that I'm aware of that knows who I am at the moment.

Merry Christmas all!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

A few things I would consider if I was in your shoes.

Firstly, almost all blogs are not anonymous. The main purpose of a blog is to create a buzz about you and your business and build yourself as an authority figure in your industry or niche.

I presume you have a business website, a Twitter account and this blog. They should all bounce off one another and build the overall profile. You are getting zero pay back for all your hard work by remaining anonymous.

My Twitter account has nearly 1700 followers and if you search my Twitter name (also my company name) in Google there are 500 results from Twitter in the last 3 months (from 40 tweets). That has got me business, because I tell people to Google me and I have pages of results. Customers love it. I am starting a blog after Christmas and I have a target of £10k per month turnover from the blog alone because I want to establish myself as an authority in the Customers eyes.

I have a friend who is not in the same industry but is a salesman. His business card has his Facebook, Twitter, and Blog contact details before his mobile number. It builds credibility, and the customers do check it out and he does well from it.

The other piece of advice is to get off Blogspot asap. You don't own this site and they can take it down at the drop of a hat if you upset somebody and they complain to Blogspot.

You will be as sick as a parrot if that happens. Consider getting a domain that you own, host it, and set up a Wordpress site (Same platform as RCG).

Another thing is, you are losing comments on here because whenever you try and post a comment here you get an error message. You then have to hit the send button a second time and it goes through. Most people wont.

If I needed windows and I was in your neck of the woods, I would call you for a quote having read this blog. So you are missing out.

So, if I were you, I would try and get a pay back from all your excellent hard work. You post regularly and its good stuff. Most people would have given up long ago.

Happy Christmas

Alex

December 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home