This Page

has been moved to new address

I've Had No Training!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: I've Had No Training!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I've Had No Training!

It may surprise some, or not at all, but since I started selling, I've not attended one single training course. Nor did I have any selling courses before I started. I was given the tuition of my Dad for a few weeks before I got out on the road, and then I was on my way.

Since starting in 2006 I have managed to increase my conversion every year. And I feel that every year my techniques, product knowledge and accumulating experience help me up that learning curve.

So do I need to go on a training course? Some of you may say yes, some no. Personally I don't think I need to. I also don't like the 'being back at school' type of environment. I left my A-Level course 1 year early for that reason!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

Hi DGB - I've never had any sales training either. I just be myself and it seems to work for me.

I would have thought that the training your Dad gives you, combined with your natural ability to communicate and learn will stand you in good stead.

August 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

RCG - It's done me good so far, just need to make sure I keep myself on the same track. I think sometimes these sales seminars can over analyse everything, boil it down and turn it formulaic, selling isn't like that.

August 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home