This Page

has been moved to new address

Change Of Scenery

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Change Of Scenery

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Change Of Scenery

One of the suggestions that came from me asking how I can make this site better was from Alex who said that the white writing was harder to see than black text on a lighter background. I could see where he was coming from, but I still liked the idea of the white text because there are too many blogs out there with the conventional white background and black text. But I took on board his comment and went about looking at some new themes from Blogger. I stumbled across this one and thought it was ideal. It's a view through glass! How much more relevant to the window industry can you get! Plus, it's a lot brighter. The two old black themes I had looked a bit too moody, so it was nice to have a design which looked a bit fresher and a bit more positive.


I'm still open to suggestions as to what people think I should do differently. But let me know what you think on the new theme!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous David Bingham said...

thats a lot better, I was going to comment on the last theme as it was really bad and sent my eyes funny. I still prefer black text on white background though.

October 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

DGB love the new theme and I agree much more relevant and easier to read:0) You are right the black themes are a bit moody. Lets face it it's probably the view we'll get out of our windows for the next few months, muted grey and blue tones with rain drops spattered over the pane:0)Love it.

October 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

David - what other colour for the text could you suggest? I'm going to keep the black background for where the text is, but suggest a different colour and I'll try it out. Glad you think it's better though!

CG - I think the black themes represented the more attitudal posts of earlier days where I was pushing my luck a little bit! I think this shows the more open and free me - who doesn't push his luck so much now! And yes it's going to be the view we have until March next year!

October 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason-I like the new theme! I agree with Conservatory Girl-in that it's much more relevant to your content. Keep up the good work!

October 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Thanks Kyle!

October 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home