This Page

has been moved to new address

New Domain Coming Soon...Hopefully!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: New Domain Coming Soon...Hopefully!

Friday, March 4, 2011

New Domain Coming Soon...Hopefully!

After our company website updates had been completed, I spoke with our I.T. guys about transferring this site to it's own domain...properly! Not done by me! I tried doing it myself about a year ago and the site nearly became lost in space! I don't want that to happen again. That's why I'm getting some people who really know what they're doing to do it.


My main question is what the domain is to end in. Do I go for .com as there are quite a few readers from outside the UK, or do I go for .co.uk as the majority are from the UK. Or do I just do both?


Answers please!


Whatever the choice, I'm thinking this should be done by May.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ginty said...

Just simply buy both, which covers all those who can only think ".com" and re-direct both to the blogspot address. It also stops anyone else doing the same on the name as well.
It's not expensive to do that (should be paying less than £4 p.a for .co.uk and around a tenner p.a. for the .com) Really easy to do yourself with all the main hosts like 123-reg, LCN etc. Just a case of buying the domain, then logging in and telling it where to direct to.

March 5, 2011 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you are serious (which you are), do both!

March 5, 2011 at 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

Both!! It just saves time and confusion;0)

March 5, 2011 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Thanks for your comments!

I'm going to buy both, it makes the most sense. But I'm still going to have our IT guys do it. It really baffled me when I tried it last time. I'm anxious not to lose any of my comments or content, which nearly happened last time. Hence why I'm getting them to do it.

March 5, 2011 at 10:25 PM  
Anonymous RCG said...

Agree. Buy both.

March 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home