This Page

has been moved to new address

Anglian Up For Sale

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Anglian Up For Sale

Monday, September 6, 2010

Anglian Up For Sale

Press release from Reuters, brought to my attention via Quorn Conservatories on GlassTalk:

ANGLIAN OPENS WINDOW TO SALE


Home improvements firm Anglian Windows has appointed accountants KPMG to manage the auction of the business, which analysts say could be valued at as much as 140 million pounds. A sell-off would mark the second time that the business has changed hands in two years, after it was acquired by its lenders when it failed to meet its financial obligations. Already Anglian, which is expected to be on track to deliver earnings of 20 million pounds in 2010, is thought to have attracted interest by numerous rival companies and private equity investors.

How much confidence in a business can you have? They are now up for sale for a second time. For what reasons, I'm not sure of yet, but they'll surface soon enough. The interesting bit is going to be which company will swallow them up. By guess is that a bigger, rival company could be in a position to do so. I also think that a competitor will do a better job. These private equity firms who just buy up businesses rarely have the expertise that a company in the same industry do.

This could provide some interesting blog posts for a bit!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to work for anglian for 15yrs had some great times best window by miles

September 7, 2010 at 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one more reason to really do your research before making your decision. I think that double glazing your windows is still the way to go, but you need to make sure you make the right choice as to which one to buy. When I replaced the windows in my living room, I used McGraw Hill's Sweets Directory of construction products and manufacturers to get my information. Though I do work for them, I honestly use them myself because they offer the most complete directory I have found. They also have a lot of useful information, as well as a lot of CAD details you can actually download from their site. They are really worth checking out.

September 12, 2010 at 4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact is anglian hasnt got the product it once had or should i say has still got the product it once had/literally its not even close to the best on the market .the tactics of the sales force is near draconian sales like that worked 25 years ago the public know that they can get as good if not better from joe bloggs and if you speak to reps they are finding it hard in this enviroment and are losing out to smaller companies on a constant basis.they havent got the name they once had after frequent weeks on tv like watchdog even though they had a sales boost after being on the show but the long term affect is / will cripple the company after a while. so is this a last bid attempt to stay in the game maybe but its not good if your administrators want out. who ever takes the company will need to have a real shake up i think it could be the end .........

October 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughable. i am a anglian rep and i am busier than ever. The company is large but yet still has the family run feel. As for the product, the amount of thought research and the technology used in the design and manufacturing is second to none in this country. I from first hand experience regulary sell to existing customers who LOVE the service LOVE the quality and ae that happy 1-20 years down the line want us again, and in certain cases have a window then all the windows then the doors then a garage conversion then the driveway then solar pannels all off anglian and this is not due to shit products shit service but quality from start to finish.The old saying ...ONCE AN ANGLIAN CUSTOMER YOU will BE AN Anglian customer for life..

November 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Steve, Crawley. said...

I had anglian windows putin about 10 years ago.....not regretting it yet although the window handles are starting to look a bit tired and could do with replacing. I know little about double glazig but I would guess that, like everything, at the right price they are good. I dont really have any issues with the quality. The best advice i think is, if you can, avoid buying on finance because you will pay much more for the same product.

December 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll want to get a twitter button to your blog. I just bookmarked the blog, but I must complete this by hand. Just my advice.

April 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anglian are the worst company ever, i had my conservatory fitted in 2009, since then i have had mould everywhere including furniture and my kids toys. My conservatory is now leaking and i phoned them today only to be told that i have to wait 3 weeks for someone to come out to me. The company are cowboys and not to be trusted, they are quick to take your money but wont help when things go wrong. I did have one man come out to look at the mould, he told me that anglian are rubbish and he was leaving them to work for a better company. I will be reporting them to trading standards and seeking legal advice as my furniture and some electrical items are damaged.

January 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home