This Page

has been moved to new address

Blazing A New Trail

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Blazing A New Trail

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blazing A New Trail

Have you ever sat down in contemplation, looked at your life where you are right now, and thought: I think I need a fresh start somewhere else?


That's where I am right now. Certain personal events have caused me to analyse my friendships with certain people, which, when a lot of them make up the circles you travel in, is a hard one to swallow if your thinking you perhaps don't want to be involved with them.


Then there's where I live. I'm still at home, in Wakefield. A city which is struggling to inspire me at this moment in time. I visited New York over New Years, and I loved being there. There always seemed a chance of opportunity and positivity, something which Wakefield, and probably most of the country just doesn't have. I'm someone who feels has a lot of potential, but this city just isn't nurturing it. If I were ever to move, it would be out of the country...that's providing I get the opportunity and money to allow me to do so.


But then I look at what I have here; a family business where, all being well, I'll be sitting in the same seat as my Dad. I have some of my best friends still here, and a caring family. 


Maybe this is just me wanting to bury my head in the sand and is struggling to cope with an ex-girlfriend and hot 'n' cold mates. Simple fact is that I'm frustrated and either need calming, or have better opportunities presented to me.


Next post will be about windows...promise!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

You can't get out of this industry once you've joined.

So, no point thinking the grass is greener. Best to just get your head down and crack on I'd say.

March 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

I don't really want to leave the industry, I like working in it.

Think I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the minute lol!

March 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

Everyone feels like that sometimes DGB. Sometimes I think it would be nice just to jack it all in by a camper van and travel with Alex & the kids, but really, things are good. There are always things about your life that will be frustrating, if you are unhappy with some of the people you spend time with, have a cull or just learn to ignore the idiots you aren’t too fond of. At least you didn’t get blind drunk in front of the whole village this weekend like a certain someone I know;0)

March 7, 2011 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Conservatory Girl: I think your right, I know who my best mates are anyway, I'll just make sure my time is spent with them and not those who don't give a crap!

I couldn't do a camper van, I like my luxuries too much lol!

March 7, 2011 at 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

Na I wouldn’t miss luxuries, mostly because I know we would end up in a hotel every other night. Hehe. We only stayed in a tent a few times in Africa and that was in on Safari and a great experience. Never did more than two nights in a row though. I almost had a nervous breakdown over leaving my GHD’S behind. Get your head stuck into work, there is something to be said for this industry there is always something to get your teeth stuck into. I am firm believer in not wasting time with people that make you miserable, life is too short.

March 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Bet it was amazing though! I will get my head stuck into work, I've still got plenty of ideas and thoughts to put into practise. As I said to RCG, I think I'm just having a bit of a moan and feeling a bit sorry for myself.

I'm signing up a couple of deals tonight, I'm sure that will make me feel better!

March 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

I normally have glass (or 10) of wine to make me feel better. Won't be doing that again in a hurry *big red embarrassed face*

March 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home