This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm Thinking Of Leaving

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: I'm Thinking Of Leaving

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Thinking Of Leaving

Ever wondered that something fresh and new could be waiting for you somewhere? Well I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy at my job, I have brilliant prospects. I have some great friends and I'm in decent surroundings. But I think my head needs a breath of fresh air, something new to immerse myself in.


Some of you will know how much I enjoyed my trip to New York last year. Some of you will also know that if I wasn't in the window industry, I would like to have been a journalist. Not one of those News Of The World style journalists. More like the proper investigative ones with something important to tell!


I'm not saying I want to leave the country forever, but I have in my mind an 18 month break, probably in and around New York, doing something involving writing. 


I've had a bitch of a day, but this post isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to a crap 24 hours. I've been thinking of it for quite a while. Of course there are the logistics of the plan to think about. Money, accommodation, a job, meeting new people and making new friends - all things that have to be considered. But this is something I feel strongly about, and I hope that sooner rather than later I get the opportunity to do it.


So, if anyone in the New York area happens to read this, drop me an email please!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

The grass is always greener.

Might be a good idea for you to experience 18 months in NY to realise how much you have in Wakefield.

July 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM  
Anonymous kenny muir said...

Eloping ? Are you sure that's what you mean GB ? :-) I thought you had just split up from your gf .

July 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

Kenny - changed the title. Was always unsure what that word meant. Googled it, definitely wasn't what I meant originally lol!

RCG - maybe so. But if I get the chance to go I know I would be upsetting a lot of people close to me. Like I said in the post, it's not just a knee-jerk reaction to a bad date and crap 24 hours. I've been thinking outside Wakefield for a fair while. Thanks for the email also.

July 14, 2011 at 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Conservatory Girl said...

Do it!! We spent a year in New Zealand, it’s where we got married. I must say that travelling and living in abroad was one of the best things we ever did. It does make you appreciate home though.

July 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous nick said...

DO IT!!!! You are young (assuming without the family ties) and you have to seize your opportunities.

At the risk of being shouted down, i think to some extent the UK has lost a lot of opportunity for young people and if there is a chance to better yourself elsehwere not tied down by ridiculous health and safety, political correctness and a benefits culture.

I have been in Gloucestershire 23 years, approaching 43 years old and I am leaving this area in two weeks to pursue new opportunities as I feel for what I want to achieve a small town has no opportunity any more. You just have to do it if its what you want.

Whether its for career or just some time away you are young enough to do it and bounce straight back if its not for you.

July 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM  
Anonymous neil said...

Go for it before the shackles of responsibility grind you down! But one word of caution, I was in the big apple last year for a few days and loved it, but I don't think I could last out there in the long time. Think about other places on the east coast too; Boston for example is still quite a happening place and I could happily live there!
Too old & set in my ways though to follow that dream!

July 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home