This Page

has been moved to new address

Making A Stand

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Making A Stand

Monday, November 14, 2011

Making A Stand

There are a lot of 'yes men' in our line of work. Those who say yes to things, but have no intention of following through on their promises.


Take FENSA for example. It was alerted to them that there was a company selling their certificates for £80 a piece. It was totally against their ethical code and when they spoke to me about it they said they would investigate, find the company and rectify the issue. So far I have heard absolutely nothing! Selling these certificates for such a large amount of money really does abuse the trust and faith of the customer in that company. Hence it was an issue I felt strongly about.


Then there is the GGF. The Green Deal is being threatened to be swallowed up by massive UK chains entering the double glazing industry for the first time, Tesco and Homebase for example. Weeks and weeks ago they promised that every company, no matter how big or small they were, would be able to have good access to the benefits the new scheme would bring. They said they had plans either in place, or being developed to make sure the boost would be shared equally. Again, so far, other than a debate about the scheme, I've heard absolutely nothing, despite the GGF assuring me they would be working hard to make sure we would all see a benefit.


So, FENSA and GGF. What are you going to do about it? This is a challenge to both of you. Either email me, or come on here and show how you are going to sort out the issues I've mentioned above. I won't let this drop and I won't let this go away. Both are important issues in my opinion and both deserve a speedy resolution.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous FENSA said...

We have been alerted to a claim that a company is charging £80 for a certificate, however we have been provided with no proof nor information on that company. This is therefore hard for us to investigate. We also have not received any complaint from a customer regarding this matter.

If a consumer has been charged £80 for a certificate then they would need to contact FENSA and our registration department would look into this matter.

November 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

FENSA - I could provide with the name of the company. But if it ever got back to me that it was me who blew their cover, then I won't be happy and would file a complaint. A member of your team also told me in a telephone conversation that you were going to conduct a 'random' survey of companies in the West Yorkshire area, asking certain questions which would filter out that certain company charging for certificates.

I'll give you the company name if you can promise complete anonymity.

DGB

November 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Mike @ Roseview said...

It looks like you've been to the James Bond school of sneaking around.

May I suggest that you delete your comment and contact FENSA directly?

By publicly telling FENSA that you'll provide them with information only if they keep your identity secret, you're making it pretty easy for the company in question to guess! Or - worse still - even if you don't tell FENSA who it is, everyone will assume that you have.

Just a thought.

November 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you delete the comment about the GGF "promising that every company, no matter how big or small would be able to have good access to the benefits the new scheme would bring"...I have never see the GGF making such promises nor can I see them being in a postion to make such promises as the Green Deal is the Governments Flagship Initiative NOT the Glass and Glazing Federation's. Also how can anyone make promises on Green Deal when no one has even seen the Consultation document?? A very silly statement from you DGB and I wouldn't be suprised if the GGF has its legal team after you for liable and defamation.

November 18, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home