This Page

has been moved to new address

Using Your Company's Green Credentials

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Double Glazing Blogger: Using Your Company's Green Credentials

Monday, September 20, 2010

Using Your Company's Green Credentials

As companies we have a responsibility now to become greener, become more self sustaining and do our bit to help our environment, plus it saves us on our fuel bills!

But, how many of us actually use it to help sell our products? And do the public really care?

For a few weeks, on every demonstration I did I talked to the customer about what we recycle and the steps we have made to limit what goes in our skip and what goes on to landfill. And my honest opinion is that it meant very little to the customer. Of those who went ahead with me I asked them why they chose us, not one of them said that it was because of what we do to help the environment.

The general public I believe are still not tuned in to being more environmentally friendly. The responses I got from my customer when I talked to them about it were numb at best. All customers are interested when buying windows and doors is the quality of the product and price - not what we do with their old frames and glass. And you can see why. Why would they be bothered about their old windows when we'll be taking them out in a few weeks and they aren't interested in the first place?

It's going to be a while before the consumer starts becoming more interested about what companies do with their old windows and doors. So for now, those who own businesses need to start making the changes necessary to help reduce their carbon foot print, and hopefully over time it will become more interesting to the customer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous RCG said...

Yes, its very sad there is a lack of consciousness around 'green' issues. I'm not sure it'll change much unless something very drastic happens and gives a wake up call to people, but then it may be too late.

But, that doesn't stop you pioneering reducing the carbon footprint of your company in the meantime. Be a leader :-) I've a book about bananas I could send you FOC.

September 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Double Glazing Blogger said...

I'm slowly grinding everyone down to my way of thinking! I'm a bit of a one for eco-issues (though not as embedded in it as you are!), so any way I can make sure we're reducing our carbon footprint we are doing so. How much did your audit cost? Email me if you don't want to say on here, but it would be interesting to know. I'll let you know when I need a banana book ;)

September 21, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home